Sr. Director of Engineering
Full time–Sacramento CA or SF Bay Area
As the Senior Director of Engineering at Digital Deployment, you will be responsible for all the technology backing our managed Drupal-based CMS service offering used by hundreds of organizations and millions of users. You’ll manage a team of developers to make the platform easier to use for end users, our clients (who edit their own content) and our internal team who builds new sites.
- Manage full-time full stack developers and establish and maintain development best practices, oversee bug fixes, security patches, development of new features, code reviews, and QA testing
- Manage front-end developers and help champion improvements with the front-end development methodology
- Oversee our hosting partner and their management of the AWS-based Kubernetes cloud hosting infrastructure
- Scope and manage custom development when needed for client projects
- Get your hands dirty when needed – by fixing bugs, implementing features, and setting up DevOps infrastructure
- Closely partner with Sales and Client Services leadership to resolve client issues, including technical solutions that solve client needs
- Collaborate with the team to find ways to work faster and smarter
- You are a great listener, you dig deep for underlying problems and needs, and you make the technology work for your team and for the customer
- You have working experience with automated testing and continuous integration of websites or web applications
- You are technically versatile and have experience with one or more of the following: Drupal, PHP, React, Node.js, CSS, CI/CD
- You anticipate and address issues around team communication, performance, interpersonal dynamics and ownership swiftly and directly
- You have engineering experience in a B2B SaaS software company
Digital Deployment has been working with institutions, associations, non-profits, and other organizations since 2004 to empower them to communicate online and connect with their constituents. We host and maintain more than 300 client websites and provide extraordinary training and support.
In the past year, we have grown by more than 50% in top-line revenue. We’re responding by investing in our platform and taking our software to the next level.
Why you should join our team
Digital Deployment invests heavily in its work culture and its people and has been recognized by the Sacramento Business Journal as one of the “Best Places to Work.” And it shows: our clients and customers love working with us. We honor each other’s strengths and contributions and we learn new stuff all the time.
Our benefits are top of market: great pay, full benefits for you and your family, 401k matching up to 4%, $200/mo HSA/FSA matching, flexible and unlimited paid time off (minimum 1 full week out of the office is required of all staff, in addition to paid holidays), $100/mo cell phone data plan stipend, free on-site food.
If you’re remote in the SF Bay Area, we’ll pay for your co-working space with food, though we do prefer candidates nearby to join our weekly on-site meetings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are currently considering U.S.-based applicants only.